The Blank Paper
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Blank Paper

Write right.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Value of Art

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Value of Art Empty The Value of Art Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:37 pm

Tusjecht

Administrator
Administrator

This was a random essay I wrote nearly a month ago. I still haven't finished it.

=-=-=-=

Let's have a random discussion on the value and purpose of Art, wherein Art capitalised refers to all the eccentricities the right side of the human brain is capable of creating under its orders.

Art has existed even before Man learnt to paint and carve on walls; don't forget that He can sing, dance, and make musical instruments. The fact that the Caveman could create Art before written language was created shows that the use of visual and aural means to communicate ideas and preserve thoughts took precedent over the need to be understood in black and white.

And therefore, in the millennia that Man has had to evolve and refine the written language and all of the resulting esoteric pursuits that fall under the great umbrella of Literature, an even greater amount of time was at His disposal to perfect the visual and aural arts. Above all, Art as a whole progressed by leaps and bounds, resulting in distinct ages and eras as Man flitted from one taste to another, led by great composers and artists of their day.

Because of the immense amount of time invested into the creation and refining of Art, it came to be regarded with value. Whether it was religiously-bestowed significance, an epic play, or a classical composition, each of them have their own unique value.

Which therefore begs two questions: how can the value of any form of Art be quantified and measured? And how would the value of the art be related to the purpose of each of its articles?

I therefore split the rest of the essay into two parts: the purpose of Art, and the value of Art.

tbc.

https://blankpaper.board-directory.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum